Wendel, a national design and construction company, is looking for a construction manager to join our Long Island, New York based team. If you are interested in a fast paced, fun working environment where quality matters and the team comes first, we invite you to apply. Come see what the Wendel Experience is all about.
The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of experience in Construction Management. An Associate’s Degree in Engineering, or Construction Technology/Management is preferred. Proficiency with field oversight, administration of projects, scheduling software and construction management software is required. Candidate should be flexible, possess leadership skills and be willing to travel within the Tri-State Area. Candidate should also have an OSHA 30 certification. Candidate must also demonstrate understanding of construction means and methods along with working knowledge of mechanical and electrical work.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Conduct meetings with clients and contractors. Develop and distribute meeting minutes
- Keeping accurate and up to date documentation such as submittal logs, change order logs, daily logs and monthly status reports
- Overseeing and coordinating the project to ensure its construction is consistent with contract documents
- Coordinating all construction activities with contractors, facility and client
- Reviewing and approving invoices in a timely manner
- Ensure that the project miles stones and overall schedule is met