Hardware responsibilities include:
- Requirements definition and analysis,
- Electronics packaging design,
- Interconnect design,
- Design for producibility,
- Mechanical/Electrical integration,
- Requirements verification,
- Transition to production, and
- Supplier and product line support.
Additional duties may include performance of trade studies, bidding, project engineering, customer support, cost account management and support to proposal activities in pursuit of new business opportunities.
Good written and verbal communication skills are essential along with being highly motivated, willing to learn and the ability to work in a dynamic environment. It is highly desirable that the candidate has experience with plastics design as well as small, lightweight, low cost, high volume applications.
Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline. Must be capable of obtaining a U.S. DoD SECRET clearance.