RCS / Signal Processor Engineer
MDA Information Systems LLC is looking for an RCS/Signal Processing Engineer. The position is located at our Ann Arbor, MI area location.
MDA Information Systems LLC is a major supplier of weather information and geospatial intelligence. Our firm serves a diverse client base including commercial and governmental organizations in agriculture, energy, defense, and civilian government. MDA Information Systems LLC offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life, and short/long-term disability insurance, vacation and sick leave, 401(k) retirement plan, Flexible Spending Account and tuition assistance. MDA Information Systems LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To be qualified, you must be a US Citizen and be eligible for a clearance.
- Provide system engineering leadership in EM/RCS (electromagnetic/radar cross section) signature and SAR (synthetic-aperture radar) projects.
- Engineer innovative system and subsystem level hardware and algorithms for EM/RCS and SAR applications and related technologies that solve real-world customer problems.
- Develop and improve on EM/RCS signal processing algorithms for signature diagnostics.
- Code algorithms in Matlab and Python.
- Work with software development team to support transition from research grade code to operational code.
- Work with hardware development team to develop robust deployed systems.
- Guide integration and test activities, verification and validation of functional and performance requirements.
- Provide excellent leadership communications with customer, partners, and team.
- Support business development efforts.
- 5 year minimum experience and expertise in electromagnetic/radar cross section (EM/RCS) and radio-frequency (RF) engineering and practical application.
- Competent with EM/RCS signature technology, synthetic aperture radar (SAR) technology and related signal processing algorithms.
- System engineering expertise in EM/RCS, SAR hardware and algorithms.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to develop algorithms pertaining to EM/RCS signatures and SAR.
- Ability to code algorithms in Matlab and Python.
- Ability to lead and execute algorithm testing and simulation.
- A Master’s degree in ElectricalEngineering or equivalent experience and/or education.
- Excellent communications and writing skills.
- Ability to guide engineers in executing programs.
- Ability to inspire customer confidence and satisfaction