This position isresponsible for performing core daily cash management functions for the Multifamily division. This involves managing the efficient use of Company cash and processing and maintaining fee & expense transactions. This position requires considerable interaction with variousinternal and external contacts at various levels, including the Corporate Treasury and Finance organization as well as the Company’sbankingpartners.
- Serve as one of the department’s day-to-day contacts with Corporate Treasury, External Banking Business Partners and Multifamily business partners; Act as primary contact with Corporate Treasury to research any exception items.
- Perform tracking of cash movement activities through in-house proprietary systems and external cash management banking applications.
- Create reports and prepare reconciliations to assist Finance team for the division with monthly general ledger entries.
- Maintain records (system and ancillary) of cash movement transactions; reconcile internal records to monthly GL entries and/or bank statements and prepare monthly analytic reports based on activity.
- Maintain documentation of proper safekeeping and custody of Divisions assets as required by Corporate and Divisional Policies
- Maintain documentation of external business partners authorized to engage in transactions with the Freddie Mac Multifamily as required by Corporate Policy.
- Adhere to all Corporate and Divisional requirements associated with payment processing (for receivables or payables).
- Perform all daily banking and cash reporting for Multifamily, including ACH management, wire transfers and ensure that all negative positions resolved within divisional and corporate policies timeframes.
- Perform bank reconciliations for multifamily controlled bank accounts. Work with accounts payable, to ensure appropriate accounting for all multifamily expense payment transactions.
- Assist with maintaining the Multifamily Cash Management team policy and procedure documentation by performing reviews and updates on a scheduled basis or as needed.
- Participate in department audits. Serve as business process subject matter expert (SME) on department processes and procedures.
- Provide monthly management metrics reporting based on team transactions and activities as needed
- As projects and initiatives arise for department, serve as a department SME and User Acceptance Tester (UAT)
- Assist with Cash Flow Forecasting
- Typically Three- plus years of experience in comparable related work in cash management, investments, banking transaction, accounting or similar technical financialresponsibilities
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access databasepreferred), knowledge of PeopleSoft, SQL query (i.e. Rapid SQL and/or MS Query). Experience with Oracle financial software products desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Financial Cash Management and/or equivalent experience
* Ability to problem-solve
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Past Experience in a large company with complex treasury activities
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
* Strong organizational skills
* High degree of initiative and self-motivation
* Ability to interface in a team environment with various levels of management
* High degree of integrity and self-confidence
* Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) or candidate
* Knowledge of Multifamily CMBS and/or Master Servicing
* Willingness to travel to regional offices visits and training of staff.
* Knowledge of and/or experience with Freddie Mac’s Multifamily MPS Cash Management application software
* Knowledge of and one (1) year or more experience using Wells Fargo’s CEO Portal application software
* Knowledge of and one (1) year or more use of SAFE system