SAIC has contingent job opportunities for Mechanical Desgn Engineers to support an ARMY customer in Sterling Heights, MI.
The Mechanical Design Engineer develops designs for electronic, electro-mechanical, or mechanical equipment. Develops basic data and makes preliminary layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present design proposal. Investigates pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replaceability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost. Coordinates with other organizations affected by design development. Makes layouts of complex assemblies and details parts of devices, mechanisms, and structures. Checks completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning. Identifies design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommends revisions and/or improvements in design layout to responsible engineers or designers.
Bachelors and five (5) years or more of related experience; Masters and three (3) years or more related experience; PhD and 0 years’ experience.
Key Required Skills/Certifications:
- In-depth knowledge of ground combat vehicle systems engineering.
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of the product life-cycle design, development, production, and sustainment of physical products.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work across functional boundaries and build a team are required.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and delegate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage interpersonal relations and conflicts
- Ability to use objectivity, creativity, and analytical ability to solve problems
- SECRET: Currently Possess; Preferred
- SECRET: Able to Obtain: Required
U.S. Citizenship Required
Travel % Required: <20%