Financial Reporting Manager
- Posted: October 25, 2017
- Indiana, PA, USA
Work Days and Expected Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Function: Performs the monthly and quarterly closing process, ensures compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures, manages various projects, and supervises day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department and coordination of the year-end audit process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all regulatory filings with the FDIC and Federal Reserve and any other regulatory accounting matters.
- Responsible for staying up-to-date on currently regulatory requirements and implementation of any changes of regulatory guidance.
- Coordinates regulatory requests during examinations.
- Initiates and performs special projects such as design, implementation and maintaining computer data bases.
- Assists with the monthly and quarterly closing process.
- Follow-up on operation and accounting issues and problem resolution.
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of the bank’s numerous workflow streams.
- Assists in the implementation process of new accounting policies in compliance with GAAP.
- Ensures that policies, appropriate internal controls and processes are followed and functioning as designed (integrity of general ledger, SOX controls, segregation of duties, timely reconciliations, etc.)
- Ensures accurate and timely reporting of various internal and external financial information and reports.
- Assists in SEC by preparation of financial statements and related notes.
- Acts as a liaison with external and internal auditors.
- Supervision and development of staff accountants, including the review of their work.
- Assumes additional duties as required.
Operates a keypad device: 70% of the day; operates office equipment: 5% of the day. The primary parts of the body involved in performing these tasks are the fingers, thumbs, hands, wrists and elbows. Requires the use of manual dexterity skills for typing up to 40% of the business day. Requires the use of manual dexterity skills for typing and data entry up to 40% of the business day. Specific vision requirements include close vision of 18”-20” for computer work up to 40% of the business day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment Novice
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Leader:Inspires teammates to follow them
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Flexibility:Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact:Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Academic/General or related field.
10 years:10+ years of accounting experience with a minimum of 5years of regulatory reporting preferred.