The Candidate will be expected to demonstrate advanced accounting and reporting skills necessary to manage general accounting functions, maintain and explain the financial records for the healthcare system, and interface with operators to improve performance.
In addition to technical requirements, the position requires excellent teamwork and communication skills, flexibility and availability to meet deadlines.
- Effectively manage the payroll, accounts payable staff and processes
- Accurately record complex journal entries for multiple entities and maintain account reconciliations
- Perform month-end close and ad-hoc reporting for the hospital, requiring advanced excel skills
- Perform account and data analysis, provide variance explanations and investigate fluctuations
- Possess Microsoft Access or other applicable database skills
- Perform special projects to further automate information gathering or reporting to gain efficiencies in the department
- Design additional reports to address information needs of operators
- Review the work product of other associates
- Respond timely to corporate and internal requests
- Cross-train throughout the department
- Work with department leaders to help them understand their areas’ financial performance
- Other duties as assigned
College Degree in Accounting or Finance. Minimum of five years of experience in an senior accountant or senior analyst capacity, preferably in the healthcare industry. Excellent organizational and communication skills. Strong working knowledge of spreadsheet and database programs is required.
Will be required to work long hours at various times of the month and year. Must be able to think independently and creatively in order to find trends in financial and statistical data. Must be able to reconcile general ledger accounts.