A Financial Consultant at TD Ameritrade will assess, assist, and advise existing and prospective clients in the selection of products and services best suited to meet their financial goals. Financial Consultants are expected to have a strong results oriented work ethic, as they develop relationships with existing clients and build relationships with new clients. The goal is to demonstrate to clients and prospects the value of the TDA platform, resulting in asset accumulation and retention.
- Meet and/or exceed the TDA Financial Consultant Sales Performance Minimums on both a quarterly and annual basis across all facets of the TDA product and service platform.
- Maintain and grow a book size of clients below $250k+ in assets
- Identify, execute and follow-up on all opportunities to establish customer relationships including prospecting, leadutilization, and local market / community involvement.
- Build and maintain strong client network and pipeline through referrals and solicitation of active and prospective client base.
- Position appropriate products - through balanced presentations - to each client’s current needs and long term financial strategy, including sell advice and portfolio planning for each High Asset Client (HAC).
- Places high priority on client satisfaction, builds and cultivates long term client relationships.
- Provide and demonstrate solid portfolio planning skills and comprehensive industry and investment knowledge.
- Adheres to all compliance/risk procedures, follows corporate and industry protocols, and acts in a manner which protects the interests of the customer and TDA at all times.
- 1-2 years investment based salesexperience and demonstrated success in a similar role
- Strong client relationship building experience
- Proven success in positioning appropriate investment solutions and strategies for clients
- Ability to communicate investment strategies in a clear and concise manner to retail clients and business partners that enables clients to make informed investment decisions
- Experience presenting solutions to clients and prospects through face-to-face/phone meetings
- Understanding of current regulatory requirements in the financial industry
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships with clients, prospects and business partners
- Proactive team player able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communicative skills with both individuals and groups
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Series 7 preferred/Series 66 (or 63/65) (must pass Series 66 within 90 days of hire)
- 4 year college degree is preferred
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements