The Corporate HR Business Partner role is on the front line of supporting and interacting with Family Dollar’s corporate management and Team Members. This position performs both hands-on and strategic roles in providing human resources expertise in team relations, coaching/development, compensation, conflict management, organizational development, training, etc. This role is also responsible for supporting specific organizations and/or functions at the corporate office, and becomes embedded within the business to work closely with management and Team Members on people-related issues. Initiates and drives HR programs/initiatives within each LOB, placing considerable focus on retention, performance management, and driving Family Dollar’s corporate culture. Responsible for embracing Family Dollar’s store-centric commitment to customers, customer service and sales.
The Corporate HR Business Partner will translate specific business needs and issues into meaningful approaches to leadership development, change management, and organizational effectiveness and will be able to work independently and in a strong team environment to deliver on detail as well as strategy.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Integrate with client business units to understand the organizational value and team dynamics to effectively drive HR strategy.
- Partner with Senior Leaders to create and support an environment focused on driving corporate culture through open communication, diversity and professional growth opportunities.
- Partner with and coach business leaders on all aspects of human resources including team member engagement, retention, team relations, compensation, benefits, performance management, development, training, and HR compliance
- Consult and strategize with other cross functioning HR Teams regarding compensation, incentives, team relations, benefits, performance management, talent acquisition, and succession planning.
- Partner with Talent Management and provide coaching, guidance and support to high potential candidates in the creation and monitoring of development plans targeted at skill enhancement in current and future positions.
- Recommend and support implementation of process improvement, corporate initiatives and procedures that contribute to the overall success of the business.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices.
- Assist the DVP of Corporate Human Resources & Talent Acquisition in the development and execution of department goals and objectives
- Provide management with information regarding data analysis, metrics, and tools to demonstrate progress towards key milestones.
- Develop and support recruitment and retention strategies to identify, attract, engage and retain top talent, including development and execution of a communication plan to ensure that effective two-way communication takes place.
- Work collaboratively with client groups to ensure the performance management process is administered in a consistent, constructive and productive manner
- Perform other duties to include management coaching and counseling, policy development and writing, conflict resolution, corrective actions, and investigations.
- Ensure compliance with HR policies and procedures across the organization
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university is required.
Experience:5+ years of progressive HR experience is required, preferably in a retail environment. SPHR or PHR Certification is beneficial. Previous Organizational Design work a plus.
Technical Skills: Must have a high level of proficiency with the use of all Microsoft Office applications and Windows-based programs; familiarity with Oracle a plus.
Other Skills: Effective presentation, written and verbal communication, problem solving and decision making skills required; Ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of an organization; strong analytical and influential skills are essential; ability to analyze data, trends, reporting and technology; and versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.