(This position can be based in Milwaukee or Madison, Wisconsin.)
Are you a self-starter? Do you think different? At Microchip Technology, our values system empowers our employees to develop and thrive in a supportive, collaborative, professional, global, and rewarding working environment. We embrace change and continuous improvement, driving both to the mutual benefit of ourselves and our clients. We are looking for likeminded people who can share our passion for success.
As a FAE or Embedded Solutions Engineer, you will engage with clients to create technical solutions while identifying and building new business using your engineering expertise. You will be expected to reframe their thinking and build consensus for Microchip’s solutions, co-creating value by delivering the freedom to innovate.
- Utilize Microchip’s Client Engagement Process to drive design wins to revenue at select target clients.
- Use insight and influencing skills to teach clients about their industry and offer unique perspectives on their technology, which link back to Microchip‘s solutions.
- Be an authority in Hardware and Firmware Optimization using C and assembly code, able to both advise on and implement innovative ideas and solutions to Microchip’s clients working in this area.
- Continuously and proactively develop additional technical skills in Hardware and Firmware Optimization using C and assembly code.
- Utilize engineering design skills, techniques and knowledge to decrease client development time and improve manufacturability.
- Support the company technical and business relationship with the assigned clients.
- Identify the key client stakeholders and coach those stakeholders to build consensus for Microchip’s solutions within their organization.
- Contribute and participate within a global team environment, to successfully develop and implement sales strategies across clients divisions and geographical locations.
- Communicate effectively with Microchip product divisions providing quantifiable feedback and ROI for their investments in clients.
- Microchip’s non-commissioned total compensation and benefits package includes a competitive base salary, bonus aligned with company goals, employee stock purchase program, health insurance coverage, etc.
- Opportunity to manage technical projects at accounts on an entrepreneurial and collaborative basis
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline with a strong academic track record
- 4+ Relevant work experience
- Technical Skills – Skilled and practiced in techniques used in Hardware and Firmware Optimization using C and assembly code
- Strategic/Critical Thinking—Systematically solves problems and hypothesizes possible client pain points, expectations, and implicit needs; brainstorms with team members to devise solutions to solve complex client challenges
- Communication—Tailors communication to the client’s needs with authority; effectively delivers presentations and has strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal Influence—Uses rational and emotional drivers that would appeal to clients to comfortably drive conversations to elements of value for both parties
- Networking—Identifies the right client stakeholders and builds connections quickly to drive consensus for design wins; works cooperatively with a wide range of internal stakeholders for success
- Ownership—Goes out of his or her way to complete a task and has relentless drive to achieve results; is independent and self-directed, and takes initiative
- Workflow Management—Sets clear, realistic, and time-bound objectives that align to business growth; breaks each objective into tasks and process steps that can be achieved within a realistic timeframe