Senior C4ISR Enterprise Architect
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Serve as the Senior Architect for a diverse team of engineers and technicians.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise and direction across all architecture engineering tasks.
- Research and develop the SPAWAR enterprise architecture on a spiral basis.
- Develop enterprise-level architecture products in terms of Operations, Systems, and Services utilizing configuration management principles.
- Assist SPAWAR Architecture Working Group to develop, identify and document engineering and architectural data from each of the Information Warfare functional area.
- Develop mission and system technical baselines in accordance with the Integrated Capability Framework (ICF).
- Research emerging standards, develop technical papers for various IT areas such as Service-Oriented Architecture and cloud computing and research standards that should be retired.
- Support to the Chief Architect for the SPAWAR EA products and act as the configuration manager of the architecture repository.
- Develop enterprise architecture designs for System of Systems (SoS) Engineering Requirements, Analysis, and Design. Areas include mission, security, and cyberarchitectures.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Top Secret clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in one of the following: Engineering (Aeronautical, Electrical, Mechanical, etc.), Physical Sciences, Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Operations Research, Mathematics, Physics.
- Ten (10) years’ experience performing management, reduction, and analysis of architecture data, development of Systems of Systems enterprise architecture, and architecture design tradeoffs, including application and interpretation of DODAF architecture principles.
- Seven (7) years’ specific experience with architecture design and development to modify/improve functionality.
- Five (5) years’ experience reviewing, analyzing, and modifying C4ISR architectures, including capability, operational, services and system aspects.
- Must be a team player and possess a strong ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team as well as work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience using Model Based Systems Engineering approaches.
- Strong written and oral communications.
Desired Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Recent systems engineeringexperience supporting Navy SPAWAR or another Navy enterprise partner.
Job ID 2017-46447