Application Systems Architect
Less than 5 years experience • Financial Services
About This Role
Act as a champion of service virtualization by educating application teams and working to expand utilization in order to increase efficiency, enable DevOps and achieve return on investment (ROI). Architect and design virtual services, frameworks and utilities to support testing operations across the enterprise. Collaborate with resources across the enterprise to deliver robust and customized service virtualization solutions. Provide leadership on complex web services and java virtualization by developing the strategy & design and ensuring solutions meet existing standards and utilize appropriate technologies. Support service virtualization by providing technical expertise and strategic direction for any application team needs
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Designs/Codes complex web services, database and java virtualization solutions to support the enterprise
- Codes custom extensions as necessary
- Drives efficiencies in the development and testing process by ensuring service virtualization solutions are practical, streamlined and tuned
- Leads estimation process and status reporting for complex service virtualization/Automation projects
- Mentors service virtualizations users (developers and QA) and provide training and education as needed
- Architects and maintains service virtualization environments to support the enterprise
- Designs and creates service virtualization reports and metrics
- Continuously review industry best practices and new tools and/or techniques for service virtualization
- Ability to communicate conceptual ideas clearly and effectively
- Performs proof-of-concepts for application teams as appropriate or needed
- Participate in gate reviews, testing activities and artifacts, ensure they adhere to gating criteria.
- Communicate, address scope changes that may impact testing (timeline, costs, risks).
- Promptly identify, notify, escalate, monitor issues, recommend solutions.
- Track financials.
- Identify, track resources needed to cover projects.
- Use tools to develop, maintain virtualized services, components, environments.
- Coach colleagues and act as a reference for the requirements management life cycle.
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduatedegree in computer science or related technical field or equivalent experience/training.
- At Least 3 -5 years of experience in CA DevTest – Service Virtualization and Application Test Components.
- 3-5 years of experience in development, and/or automation
- Experienced in virtual service development and deployment.
- Experience in CA DevTest solutions installation and administration.
- Experience virtualizing following protocols REST, SOAP, MQ, JDBC and Java objects.
- Experience is application requirement analysis.
- Good Coding experience with Java, Java Script, Bean Shell.
- Must have test automation knowledge
- Good experience in Linux/Unix
- Experience working independently in a senior/lead role on a diverse range of tasks.
- Expert professional knowledge of testing methodology, best practices and processes (including but not limited to automation, performance and data management methodologies).
- Talent in testing risks within projects and recommending ways to mitigate them.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.
Make your mark. Join a dynamic team. Explore new ideas. This is your opportunity to impact the future of bankingtechnology in areas and ways you’ve never imagined (at a bank)! Visit techjobs.td.com to learn more.
7.5 / 5 Days week