The Service Center Manager has full operational responsibility for Timken Schulz Group facilities in Maine (currently Portland and Augusta). The position guides and directs shop operations and shop administration. The position is responsible for supervising all work performed within the facilities, and verifies that all parts, supplies, material, and manpower are in place for motor shop job completion.
- Provides day-to-day and strategic management for shop operations.
- Works with customer service group to determine accurate labor and materials counts for active and prospective shop quotes. Works with shop operations team to ensure work performed meets established parameters.
- Schedules shop production work.
- Ensures shop work meets required quality control or otherinternal/external standards (for example, EASA standards). Works with shop employees and otherinternal or external groups to resolve issues.
- Assists in customer service and sales development initiatives to maintain existing business, and promote/solicit new opportunities.
- Supports and drives LEAN/Process Improvement processes for all facilities. Serves as change-management champion for new and ongoing initiatives.
- Requisitions tools and shop equipment, including needed services ore repairs. Works with the Quality team to ensure materials and services are provided within spec.
- Ensures safety of shop operations; complies with all safety and company policies governing EHS. Ensures associates have training and required PPE for their roles.
- As a manager, coordinates withother leadership and OA on performance appraisals and disciplinary actions as needed.
- Performs other skilled or non-skilled duties as needed.
- MINIMUM: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management, Production and Operations Management, or a related field.
- Valid Driver's License
- At least five years’ prior production or operations management experience in manufacturing or service industry.
- Prefer at least 3years experience supervising or managing direct reports.
- Prefer prior experiencewithin the electric motor industry.
- Must be familiar with project management
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must have demonstrated leadership in managing teams or organizations to achieve aggressive performance improvement and meet targets.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Preferexperiencewith Epicor
- Position also requires near/distant vision, color vision, and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, unaided.