At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
At Mount Carmel we challenge our leaders and managers to live our values and lead with strength. Only through their commitment to our colleagues will we continue to advance our mission. Our commitment to you: collaborative leaders and opportunities for professional development.
Our Director, Patient Access directs the managers of Patient Access who manage the day-to-day scheduling, pre-registration concierge, and registration operations including planning, organizing, staffing, coordinating and collection practices for all hospital sites. This position is directly responsible for the planning, organizing, staffing, directing and coordinating of all Central Scheduling and Pre-Registration and Registration functions for Mount Carmel Health hospitals. Its prime focuses include Customer Service, Data Integrity, Time of Service Cash Collections, Process Management and Improvement, Financial Performance, Insurance Verification and Pre-certification, and Human Resources Management. Plan, strategize, coordinate and direct the functions of the Patient Access Departments for Mount Carmel Health. Ensure that all regulations from Medicare, Medicaid, and other third party payors are planned for and implemented in Patient Access departments.
- Establishes goals for productivity levels and evaluates the departments performance against these goals.
- Responsible for maintaining current status on third party payers and the laws governing registration requirements, privacy and collections.
- Effectively utilizes management tools to achieve identified goals and objectives within approved time frame(s) and within financial guidelines.
- Develop and implement programs that continuously improve quality, strive for excellence and comply with the quality assurance and risk management standards.
- Develop policies, standards and goals for all departments within Patient Access.
- Communicate and deal effectively with various publics including physicians, patients, families, third parties, other entities, management and staff.
- Oversight of computer software systems to support Patient Access Departments, registration functions and scheduling.
- Responsible for annual expense budgets for all Patient Access cost centers.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Eight to ten years' experience in a progressive health care organization's Patient Access or Business office with at least three years in a leadership position responsible for planning and implementing new procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, implement, and control the Patient scheduling, preregistration and Financial Counseling areas to function effectively in a management position in a large hospital environment.
- Demonstrate ability to plan, implement, and coordinate new programs as they relate to all departments of Patient Access, including physician offices and other type of services.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize change management tools and skills to improve process.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire others and achieve goals and operate as a part of a team.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us. Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, or physical ability.