The Lead Sales Operations Consultant works in the Local Government, Medium, and Small Business Program Management Office, and is responsible for the program/project success against defined business objectives in the Sales and Operational groups. The goal is to ensure effective sales and supporting processes and systems are in place and teams are properly trained to effectively utilize them. Some projects will require coordination from various groups across the company. It is important that the candidate understand how to collaborate and communicate effectively, providing value based options that address both technical and strategic issues.
- Independently manages multiple concurrent projects.
- Manages many aspects of projects including scope, schedule, and budget change management, organizational change management, and communications for assigned projects on a daily basis to ensure success of business objectives.
- Facilitates communication to all levels of Program Governance, and may include read-outs to executive audiences.
- Responsible for the Project Scope & Stakeholder Expectations, Business Requirements, User Acceptance Test Scenario Development and Execution of Project Financials and Issues and Risks.
- Manages project delivery team comprised of cross-functional internal and possibly external resources.
- Escalates issues that cannot be resolved at the working levels to the appropriate level of management for resolution.
- Undergraduatedegree or equivalent experience in a related field
- 5 years experience in the telecommunications industry
- 3 years program, project or process management experience
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of applications: Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Track record of success building positive working relationships across the enterprise.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organize projects, identifies courses of action, and develops solutions to business problems.
- Significant experience working in a matrix environment where cross-functional teams are commonplace and successful project completion involves collaboration and coordination across many departments.
- Ability to lead by example, develop and implement a strategy and hold associates accountable for performance.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to break down complex problems into manageable activities.
- Experience in managing projects with end-to-end process and business impact.
- Ability to see one project in the context of the larger programs and understand immediately how changes to deliverables and timelines will impact other projects.
- Proven ability to anticipate work assignments.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skill as well as negotiation, coordination, facilitation, and conflict management skills.