IT Applications Systems Analyst / Programmer
Under the general supervision of the Senior Systems Analyst/Programmer or Specialist, the Project Manager or the Portfolio Director: formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains those programs.
The responsibilities also include troubleshooting application issues and/or data issues when they arise. The Systems Analyst/Programmer is member in an IT team that is accountable for production support (including on-call duties in a 24x7 environment) as well as new projects.
The ideal candidate will have experience using analytical skills to seek out, research and evaluate a variety of options to provide clients with high quality, efficient business processes and solutions that promote efficiency and enterprise-wide standardization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in requirements definition sessions to gain a general perspective on the business objective(s) or business problem that is to be addressed by the system.
- Works with Business Analysts to gain an understanding of functional requirements.
- Works with Business Analysts to develop implementable technical designs. Research and recommend alternative design solutions where appropriate.
- Analyzes requirements, design and develop prototype and work with the users/business analyst to fine tune the application and make recommendations.
- Participates in peer/code/design reviews to verify that quality standards and functional/technical requirements are met.
- Design, code, test and implement moderately complex programs; Develops appropriate programs and systems documentation according to established IT standards.
- Creates test scenarios and develops test plans to be used in testing the business applications in order to verify that client requirements are incorporated in to the system design.
- Assists in analyzing testing results throughout the project.
- Enhances existing systems; participates in structured walkthroughs and technical reviews.
- Supports production systems by helping resolve problems, providing timely follow-up on problem report, optimizing performance and streamlining processes,
- Assists in coordinating developments tasks on projects, problem tickets and provide support to other team members.
- Participates in technical reviews and inspections to verify 'intent of change' is carried out through the entire project.
- Provides support, escalation response to production problem issues/errors. Performs root cause analysis and application resolution.
- Provides on call second-level escalation response for client issues and application problem tickets
- Collaborates with work teams, departments, system leadership, staff, other IT groups, and technology vendors to define needs and facilitate solutions.
- Ensures proper documentation and on-time delivery of all technical artifacts and deliverables.
- Keeps abreast of new Tools & Technology and functionalities across the application
- Promotes teamwork and leads by example.
- Initiates a personal training plan, continue acquiring skills and knowledge, and pursue an understanding of the organization’s business plans and strategies.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degreerequired.
- 5 years of applicable work experiencerequired; 3 years applicable experience in a Healthcare setting preferred. Preferred technical experience includes strong knowledge of state-of-the-art software engineering approaches in design, build, test, debugging problems, and ongoing technical support, and ability to articulate examples of workflows and processes associated with that experience.
- Experienced with Team Foundation Server or an enterprise source control environment preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Experience/exposure to the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)