Barracuda Networks is looking for a hands-on QA leader to oversee our Cloud Control QA team. This individual will collaborate with product management and engineering leadership to understand customer and functional requirements, project scope, and plan the necessary QA activities.
It is very important that the individual in this position is able to split her/his time between leading the team and contributing to the technical progress of the project.
Some of what you will be doing:
- Manage a small group of QA engineers, assign and track their daily tasks, and help guide their career development.
- Collaborate with developers and product management to achieve project goals.
- Help drive the team toward common goals of releasing good quality software.
- Contribute to writing test cases and executing tests
What you need to be successful?
- Bachelor's degree in related field; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in software development or QA.
- Minimum of 2 years of leading QA projects (prior team lead experience a plus)
- Proven track record in assisting with bringing a new product to market and/or major versions of existing products.
- Familiarity with bug and feature tracking systems such as JIRA.
- Familiarity with Agile and SCRUMpreferred.
- Nice to have – Python and MySQL
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to successfully work across different functions and locations
Our workplace includes:
- Great downtown location, with tons of restaurants within walking distance
- Open floor concept
- Bagel Wednesdays
- Table tennis and arcade machines
- Subsidized Parking