Alere is now Abbott. The Sales department at Immunalysis is responsible for growing the top line revenue by developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing laboratory customers while ensuring that customer needs and company objectives are effectively met. The Forensic Technical Advisor should have a strong understanding of the unique requirements of the forensic market in order to guide and counsel forensic customers on the use of Immunalysis products and services.
- Participate in the development of potential forensic customers from initial contact through the establishment of contracts.
- Maintain relationships with assigned forensic accounts as the primary contact.
- Ensure customer satisfaction, and serve as a liaison between customers, applications, and technical staff.
- Coordinate and execute a plan for the increased use of the company’s line of products in the forensic market.
- Provide accurate quotes/estimates to the customer base and liaison with the Sales Administration group to respond to RFP’s.
- Provide feedback on customer’s expectations and manage those expectations with realistic milestones.
- Develops appropriate reports on customer base, potential projects, and general customer satisfaction.
- Represent the company at professional meetings, trade shows, conferences, exhibits and promotional events as outlined by management.
- Provide marketing feedback to the company’s scientific team to assist in the design control for new products.
- Identify technical requirements of customers, and works with technical staff to ensure customer requirements are appropriately defined and addressed
- Liaison with company’s applications department to ensure customer’s needs are met in a timely manner.
- Liaison with the company’s scientific team in the dissemination of technical and scientific data.
- Develop sales plans to enhance revenue from assigned accounts.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Comply with all company policies outlined in the employee handbook.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in the Life Sciences; Knowledge of the Substance Abuse Market; at least 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; willingness to travel up to 50%.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of audiences in a diverse community.
- Customer development and relations skills.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of general industry laboratory and business and practices.
- Knowledge and understanding current and emerging industry requirements and practices in area of marketing expertise.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate promotional activities and/or special events.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit a variety of materials, using computer hardware, and software.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment to resolve customer issues.
- Critical thinking skills leading to the achievement of company objectives.
- Understanding of the theory of immunoassay procedures for both ELISA and Homogeneous Enzyme Immunoassays.
- Ability to document sales activity in Salesforce or other company provided CRM.
- Time management, planning and organization skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally both in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to interact with superiors and peers in a positive manner.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to learn.