VALUE STREAM MANAGER- The objective of this role is to allow seamless business practices between MacLean Power Systems and internal and external customers. The Value Stream Manager is responsible for the direction and coordination of all manufacturing activities for one or more of the plant manufacturing units or a product Line. Key objectives of the VSM include producing scheduled output, achieving the current profit plan and achieving existing quality standards. To do so, the VSM must develop and maintain an employee relations environment which assures the full utilization and development of both exempt and hourly employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership over a product line, including manufacturing, plant operations, scheduling, delivery integrity, safety, quality, product development, outsourcing, raw materials and procurement.
- The control and review of all Manufacturing variances to control expenditure within the projected forecast for all manufacturing departments.
- Maintain and improve the overall performance of the manufacturing unit to achieve projected production schedules, being proactive to customer needs and requirements.
- The control of the workforce within the terms and conditions of employment, regarding rules, procedures and working practices. 24 hour responsibility.
- Provide good industrial relations through effective communications which encourage participation and team spirit.
- Maintain high standards in relation to health and safety, through good housekeeping, organization, individual awareness and training to protect the employee and company liability.
- To further develop the quality improvement process through defect prevention, process control and operator training so that continuous improvement is assured.
- Identify and foster positive change throughout the organization at all levels to achieve increased flexibility in all manufacturing related disciplines.
- The training requirements of manufacturing personnel focus on current and future demands, multi skills and legal obligations.
- To ensure that manufacturing operations are completed on schedule and to agreed specification.
- Will be responsible for the supervision of the Tooling department including design engineering and operations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess analytical ability.
- Computer literate with strong spreadsheet analysis skills.
- Directly supervises the Operational function.
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities may include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; mentoring employees; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees and maintaining harmony among employees and resolving grievances.
- Prepares necessary reports to analyze and track performance.
- Maintains good housekeeping of area and ensures safe work environment for all employees.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to correctly add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions either furnished or created in written/oral form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in high stress situations.
- Detail oriented with multi-tasking abilities.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- 5-7 years in managerial experience in a high-volume mix manufacturing plant
- Aptitude for developing and delivering strategic and tactical business plans and budgets
- Capacity to plan, develop and implement divisional and group policies and objectives
- Managing and developing multi-functional teams including sales, operations, engineering, planning
- Lean manufacturing and operational excellence
- Experience with financial planning, including setting and achieving annual budgets
- Ability to accurately report business performance
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership and management capabilities are essential qualities to succeed in this position, as is previous experience managing complex, skilled teams