Ascension Information Services is one of the nation’s largest healthcare information technology services organizations.
We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:
• Support rapid and effective clinical decision making
• Improve efficiency and care transitions
• Foster information sharing across the continuum of care
• Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes
Position serves as the Sr. Director for Ascension Care Management and helps the Ascension Ministry meet the healthcare needs of large populations.
Ascension Care Management includes Mission Point Health Partners, Ascension Risk Services, and U.S. Health Holdings, an insurance company designed to help us better care for the health needs of populations throughout the entire life cycle.
Services we provide in coordination with MissionPoint range from onsite clinics and wellness support to designing and contracting with provider networks, and deploying health partners to work with patients telephonically as well as in the hospital and their homes.
Through MissionPoint, we also offer care management and complex case management solutions. Services of U. S. Health Holdings include underwriting and actuarial services, as well as a full range of Third Party Administrative (TPA) services and medical management services.
- Serves as a member of the Ascension Care Management leadership team and participates in development of the organization's vision, policies and short/long-term objectives.
- Directs/manages the design, implementation, operation, and security of the organization's information systems and applications.
- Maintains knowledge of information technology trends and recommends cost effective and efficient solutions.
- Serves as liaison between Ascension Information Services and Ascension Care Management’s executive leadership, management, associates, external contacts, and regulatory agencies.
- Conceives of and leads projects requiring extensive systems integration, large teams and multiple systems, with broad implications.
- Establishes long-term strategic and policy decisions.
- Participates in the strategic planning process and manages technology delivery. Possesses a broad strategic vision of the organization's future services and strategies as well as solid healthcare plan operations experience and understanding.
- Directs organizational-wide processes to prioritizetechnology projects and organizationalinvestments. Includes approval of funding of organizational projects andinvestments in conjunction with customers.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Management Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
- Seven to ten years of progressively responsibleexperience with two+ years of leadership experiencepreferred
- Experience in the health insurance industry or care management services preferred
- Seven years of progressively responsibleexperience with a minimum two+ years of technology leadership experience
- Experience in a shared services or business process outsourcing strongly desired
- Experience in the health insurance industry, care management, or TPA/Payor space stronglypreferred
Job ID: 207207