John Bean Technologies Corporation and its predecessor companies have a long history of technical innovation. JBT traces its roots to 1884 when inventor John Bean developed a new type of spray pump to combat San Jose scale in California's orchards.
Today, JBT Corporation’s AeroTech Division is a world leader in the supply of airport equipment and services focused on the future. At our Orlando, Florida facility we manufacture airport ground support equipment, including aircraft deicers, aircraft tow tractors, cargo loaders and transporters.
These positions are currently contract with a high probability in extending to a long-term contract.
As a Senior Hydraulics Engineer with JBT AeroTech, you will be an Engineer who will design mobilehydraulic systems for Ground Support Equipment. Specific duties include:
- Engineer and design mobilehydraulic systems for heavy industrial equipment.
- Select components and provide detailed purchase specifications for hydraulic components
- Detailed design and drafting of hydraulic schematics
- Interact with vendors and resolve technical warranty issues
- Assist field service or test technicians with advanced trouble shooting of hydraulic systems
- Supervise the detailed design and drafting of the hydraulic, components and installations.
- Plan and manage design projects to meet the requirements for production and new product development
- Work closely with the product line engineering managers to improve performance, cost and reliability of the products
- Use the CAD, PDM and MRP systems to research and manage design and component data
- Use and setup of testing equipment; including sensors, measurement devices and data acquisition systems.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company’s discretion.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or EngineeringTechnology or equivalent and at least 6 years’ experience in the engineering and design of mobilehydraulic systems for heavy industrial equipment.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): None
- In-house training on the operation and design of JBT products.
- In-house training on engineering work instructions
Specialized Knowledge, Equipment, and Applications:
- Strong analytical skills needed for troubleshooting and logic design.
- Good written and oral communication; especially for communication of technical topics to non-technical people.
- Knowledge of engineering standards and practices.
- Working knowledge of MRP system - specifically bills of material structure and organization of models and options.
- Solid math skills for basic engineering design and good knowledge of hydraulic formulas.
- Some supervisory experience and management skills.
Special Information (Travelrequired, physical requirements, work environment, supervisor responsibilities, safety and so on)
Work Environment- While this position is primarily in an office setting, extensive exposure and work in the manufacturing facility will be required. Visits to manufacturing and test areas will result in exposure to high noise levels, hot or cold ambient temperatures, congested work spaces and the exposure to potentially hazardous work environments normally associated with heavy duty manufacturing activities.
Requisition ID 2017-2463