Provides network, communications and system engineering and integration services for Corporate Wireless Enterprise. Design new and upgraded networks and install equipment required to provide wireless communications networking services.
- Experience in Wireless operations & engineering CISCO equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 7 years of experience in networking and computer systems. An additional 3 years experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Protocols BGP, OSPF, HSRP, IPSEC, VPN, NAT, 802.1Q, 802.11a, b, g, and n, Spanning-tree.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of NetworkInfrastructure and security topology and Network monitoring tools Solarwinds, CiscoWorks LMS, SYSLOG servers, SNMP, Wireshark.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Required: DoD8570
- Information Assurance Technical Level I (IAT-I) Certification: Certified Automation Professional (CAP), Global Information Security Fundamentals (GISF), Global Security Leadership Certificate (GSLC) or Security+ (Security+ preferred).
- Operating System (OS) Certification – Cisco Certified NetworkAssociate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) preferred.
- Required: Secret Clearance, with ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret.
- Design the 711 HPW (DREN) wireless system including defining the number, types and locations of wireless access points and other equipment necessary to support areas within and around the 711 HPW.
- Manage the wireless headend and oversee the installation of the wireless systems in the various directorates.
- Support Monitoring, Configuration control, Technical services and second level maintenance and repair.
- Interface with Network Operations Teammates to include Partner Companies and Government Personnel.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
While performing the responsibilities of the position, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The work is generally sedentary in nature, but may occasionally require the employee to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading.
While performing the responsibilities of the position, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the employee will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The work environment is a general office environment and the employee. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Indigenous Technologies is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.