Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving common and complex business/technical issues within established policies.
Manages non-exempt/exempt individual contributors and/or supervisors. Has accountability for results of a major program in terms of cost, direction and people management.
Provides guidance on process improvements and recommends changes in alignment with business tactics and strategy for area of responsibility.
Plans, manages and monitors operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members'work may involve strategic issues. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Typically reports to MG2 or Director.
- Manages and controls activities within a single country or a sub-region which is part of a larger geographical Region.
- Manages at least 4 employees and typically between 8 and 15 direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Attract, grow, motivate and maintain talent; build a skilled development team.
- Oversee a distributed team of engineers, both internal and external.
- Be responsible for the management and design of modern web applications across a variety of platforms and architectures.
- Work directly with Business Analysts and Project Managers to deliver on key product launches, campaignexperiences, and platform enhancements.
- Deep knowledge and rich experience in delivering large scale web application with multiple dependencies across teams.
- Ability to get hands on when needed and perform development tasks.
Education and Experience Required:
- 2+ years of manager experience and experience leading a team of software developers, comprised of both local and international resources.
- 2+ years of experience practicing Agile methodologies as well as experience leading daily scrums.
- Familiarity with modern front end frameworks including Angular, React, Vue, etc.
- Fluency in local language and English.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven experience leading, driving and measuring virtual teams toward common goal.
- High levels of tact and diplomacy.
- Consultative skills.
- Agency and budget management.
- Excellent writing, editing and oral communications skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the company top to bottom, including most senior company management.
Job ID 3019672