EY’s people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provisionof advisory services, audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone’s contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada’s top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Our Internal Audit practice, a specialty advisory group within Advisory Services, provides comprehensive services through a suite of strategic, outsourcing, and industry-focused operational solutions that help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their internal audit functions.
The Internal Audit practice is seeking a high calibre candidate with excellent professional skills for the role of Manager–Internal Audit. The selected candidate will Manage engagement teams as well as directly assisting clients in performinginternal audit procedures in accordance with the client's audit plan and EY's internal audit methodologies.
- Work with high-growth clients and other market leaders in industries such as energy, public services and administrations, retail, financial services and health sciences
- Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and the value to be delivered.
- Coordinate and perform audit procedures of a moderately complex nature
- Create work products such as audit analyses and engagement documentation
- Evaluate and test processes and related controls
- Prepare the audit strategy according to the nature, timing, and scope of the procedures to be performed
- Review the Staff and Senior auditors’ work and assist in preparing the final report
- Stay abreast of current developments and business opportunities relevant to the client's business
- Deliver high-quality service by directing daily progress of fieldwork and informing managers of engagement status
- Use technology and specific tools to continually learn and innovate, share knowledge with team members to enhance service delivery
- Understand EY and its service lines
- Actively encourage team members to contribute ideas and identify opportunities to apply EY services
To qualify for this stimulating and rewarding opportunity, candidates must have:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in audit or related business experience
- CPA/CA, CIA, CISA, CFE, CMA, RICS APC, PMP or CCIM certification underway or commitment to obtaining certification within two years from hiring
- Experience with MS Office
- Comprehensive knowledge of internal auditing standards and techniques.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic
- Available to travel within and outside of Canada and work in excess of standard hours when necessary
- Willingness to travel, including travel to the US