Colors, Materials & Finishes (CMF) Designer
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Polaris is seeking an inquisitive and experienced Color, Materials, & Finishes (CMF) Designer to join our successful team, responsible for the design of leading Powersports Plus products. The CMF Designer will be responsible for designing and developing color, materials, grains, and finishes for programs in Polaris' diverse product lines.
The CMF Designer will create program CMF direction, work with the Industrial and Graphic Design teams on execution, and support the design process from concept through feasibility toward production. Skillset requirements include identifying relevant trends and technologies, creating compelling image boards and focused program palettes, while working cross-functionally to support fast and dynamic timelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and drive Colors, Materials and Finishes (CMF) across Polaris' diverse product portfolio to strengthen brand identity
- Continually seek out; new material technologies, emerging color & trim directions, innovative surface designs.
- Understand CMF challenges and identify solutions in executing CMF strategy from concept to feasible execution for production.
- Track and identify key and emerging trends relevant to Polaris' brands regarding color, materials, finishes, and emerging processes / technologies. Create and update Trend Presentations and Product Mood-boards.
- Responsible for new programs' CMF inspiration, strategy and implementation for Industrial Design.
- Work cross functionally with Project Management and Graphic Design Team for a successful and consistent design execution of CMF new product strategy.
- Candidate must be able to work independently as well within team environment and excel in a dynamic hands-on corporate environment.
- Be adaptive and highly responsive to program needs. Responsible for additional duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- BSME in Industrial Design, BS Interior Design or equivalent required
- Ability to sketch (or work in preferred method) to communicate CMF application as needed
- Knowledge and experience in understanding design to cost and strategizing cost effective CMF solutions
- Knowledge and experience designing of a diversity of materials and processes for hard and soft trim
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, highly organized and aesthetic sensibility
- Strong experience designing for multiple brands/product lines
- 5-7 years of experiencerequired
- Preferred OEM experience in Power-sports, automotive or adjacent industries
- Experience in Adobe Suite (PS & AI) preferred as well as KeyShot and PowerPoint fluency