Businesses that partner with GroundTruth come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one GroundTruth advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of location marketing combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide GroundTruth-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of GroundTruth’s key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach their target audience.
As the vertical Sales Director, you will develop and manage relationships directly with clients and agencies in the CPG industry, which means you need to be focused, proactive and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, you are an advisor and consultant, as well as an advocate for clients within GroundTruth. You will use your analytical skills to grow existing business, develop new business and support your Pod with account and market knowledge.
- Build strong relationships with top CPG advertisers in the Bentonville market including client direct and their agency partners.
- Create new relationships within CPG organizations and identify new opportunities to increase advertiser's investment in GroundTruth solutions. Including but not limited to shopper marketing teams.
- Educate clients on new product features and tailor your message to the audience. Clearly articulate how product features will drive business results for that specific client, based on their needs and KPIs.
- Learn and work with GroundTruth’s ongoing development of product to maximize client campaign results.
- Learn about the CPG category challenges and opportunities and respond to industry trends to identify and solve client problems proactively and creatively.
- Excellent ability to lead/manage workflow of your supporting pod (Account Management & AdOps)
- Collaborate effectively with other CPG Sales Directors and build unified approach to deliver revenue from both shopper marketing and brand marketing budgets.
- Execute quickly with limited guidance. In addition, provide guidance to more junior team members and their Pod.
- Create account plans that align with business objectives and priorities with minimum guidance.
- Drive the pace of the pod to achieve revenue & business goals.
- CPG Category expert: Deep understanding of the CPG industry and specifically the Shopper Marketing function.
- Technical Aptitude: Programmatic and Mobile knowledge. Not afraid of new technologies and eager to learn.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation with any level. Ability to clearly articulate GroundTruth product benefits and tailor the message to the audience.
- Problem solver: Doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer – takes charge of creating solutions.
- Organized: Ability to prioritize and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills.
- Flexible: Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands.
- Team Player: Believes in GroundTruth’s vision and prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team. Collaborates effectively with other CPG team members.
- 4 years of experience in media and/or in the CPG industry. Shopper experience is a must. Mobile and Programmatic experience a plus.
- 2 years of experience in a brand direct-facing role, preferably with top CPG Shopper marketers and engagement with C level executives (i.e CMOs)
- Ability to deliver results under pressure and show dedication to achieving revenue goals.
- Proven track record in excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to quickly complete a large volume of high-quality work.
- Excellent execution skills, showing high sales achievement consistently on your current role (or most recent role).
- Excellent leadership, cross-functional influencing, organizational skills, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.