Supervisor, Outpatient Care Mgmt
5 - 7 years experience • Patient Care
The RN Supervisor of Outpatient Care Management is responsible for the direction of the Outpatient Care Managers in the Care Coordination Department. The RN Supervisor will spend 50% of time on administrative duties and 50% of time functioning as an Outpatient Care Manager. This involves training, supervision and evaluation of personnel, continuous quality improvement, and compliance with hospital policy and pertinent regulations. The Care Coordination department responsibilities include transitioning patients through the care continuum, medication management, coordinating communication between multiple providers, developing patient specific care plans, assisting patients with goal setting and lifestyle modification efforts, and evaluating patient progress toward goals. The Care Coordination Department institutes measures to address high-risk complex patients, improve transitions of care, improve patient outcomes, and reduce hospital readmissions. This position is integral to St. Luke’s efforts to design, develop, and implement successful care delivery methodologies needed for patient care coordination across the healthcare continuum, alternative payment models and value-based care. The RN Supervisor will work in active partnership with physicians, office staff, administration and other health care providers to develop and implement a well-coordinated plan of care to address patient needs across the continuum and ensure St. Luke’s successfully meets quality performance and optimizes resource utilization.
1. Provides direct supervision and development to Outpatient Care Managers, including: 40%
- Promote a collaborative team based environment that drives a culture of quality
- Design and implement Care Management workflows using Cerner HealtheCare
- Develop department policies, practices, processes, and standards in conjunction with Assistant Director of Care Coordination
- Provide orientation and training of personnel
- Assist with hiring, performance evaluations and corrective action in accordance with St. Luke’s administrative policies in conjunction with the Assistant Director of Care Coordination
- Manage staffing, scheduling, and ETO
- Ensure the delivery of safe and appropriate patient management through supervision, role modeling, staff education, and assurance of standard/policy compliance
- Provide oversight and direction to ensure achievement of performance targets and balanced scorecard objectives in accordance with the annual operating and financial plan
2. Outpatient Care Manager Duties: 40%
- Responsible for coordinating care of high-risk patients after discharge from the hospital
- Review discharge instructions, perform medication reconciliation, schedule follow-up appointments and testing
- Develop patient specific care plans, provide patient education, assist patient with goal setting, lifestyle modification, monitor progress, and mitigate barriers
- Coordinate communication between providers, agencies and community services
- Includes limited on-callresponsibilities
- Communicates vertically and laterally to other departments as needed and keeps leadership informed of any issues
- Promotes a culture of two-way communication that informs, engages, and creates opportunities for staff, physicians and post-acute provider collaborative participation
3. Evaluate, monitor, and manage performance indicators: 15%
- Regulatory Compliance
- Quality Assurance
- Create and monitor quality dashboard and provide follow-up training and interventions as needed
- Uses data to build and evaluate effective interventions, lead quality and performance improvement initiatives, and facilitate change
4. Perform other duties as assigned. 5%
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Current Missouri RN licensure.
- BSN required. MSN preferred.
- Current Missouri RN licensure required.
- Five years clinical experiencerequired. Experience managing CHF, COPD, AMI, and Pneumonia ideal.
- Outpatient care management experiencerequired.
- Three years of direct supervisory experiencepreferred.
- Case Management certification preferred.
- Capable of utilizing computer hardware and software for the generation of reports.
- Must be able to work independently and in coordination with various other persons and professions.
- Has knowledge of physician practice operations, hospital operations, personnel roles, and community resources.
- Must have excellent customer relations, communications, and organizational skills.
Job ID 2017-10706