A. Entrepreneurial work
- Design and implement recruiting strategies to attract new Financial Representatives to the Branch.
- Nurture new Financial Representatives and insure they receive the training, guidance, and support they need in order to grow professionally and remain associated with LIPI over the remainder of their career.
- Foster a spirit of cooperation among all Representatives and Branch personnel. Design policies and Branch activities that help avoid disputes over clients.
- Motivate Financial Representatives and encourage their efforts in growing sales and revenue by cross selling additional products and services to existing clients
- Develop strong Employer relationships to gain increased access for Financial Representatives and to avoid competitors being viewed as a preferred provider.
- Establish and maintain visible connections with employer associations and participate, when appropriate, in such association meetings and conferences.
- Work with other Branch Managers in improving existing Lincoln policies and procedures and suggesting new ones.
- Work with other Branch Managers and the Vice President of Branch Development in identifying new areas of opportunity for increased sales, new products, or technological innovations.
- Implement and monitor Branch financial goals together with the VP of Branch Development.
B. Managerial work
- Achieve the business plan objectives with the following overall focus: (Increase revenue, Manage to the budget, Increase sales force)
- As Designated Supervisor assume final responsibility for communicating and implementing all OSJ compliance issues and FINRA and SEC requirements.
- As Designated Supervisor make sure that Branch policies, paperwork, and procedures meet Lincoln standards.
- As Designated Supervisor make sure that Financial Representatives follow Compliance Memoranda and guidelines.
- Interview and select new Financial Representatives and/or staff as necessary.
- Plan, schedule, and run Financial Representative meetings at least monthly.
- Schedule and coordinate seminars and meetings for branch office.
- Provide day to day sales, marketing, and management support to all Financial Representatives.
- Supervise Financial Representatives and monitor their progress in achieving their financial goals.
- Complete annual performance reviews for branch staff and supervise performance review process and salary reviews for employees including Sales Assistants on Lincoln payroll.
- Ensure that all Financial Representatives with “Lincoln' employees manage their staff according to legal regulations and Lincoln’s culture, policies and procedures.
- Promote Recognition Clubs and assist Financial Representatives in making the Clubs.
- Supervise the training and education of all branch personnel on past and present compliance issues.
- Ensure the Branch is properly prepared for any FINRA, SEC, or Lincoln compliance audit.
- Identify, supervise, monitor, and document financial representatives who are identified as requiring special compliance supervision. Develop criteria for how and why these financial representatives are identified and monitored and when this monitoring is no longer required.
- Meet with compliance officer as needed to consult and resolve difficult compliance issues.
- Utilize VP, Branch Development as a resource with investor or financial representative communication compliance issues.
- Supervise and develop branch sales practices.
- Initiate and supervise the pairing of senior Financial Representatives with new recruits for their mutual benefit. If appropriate, implement the apprentice program to develop these pairings.
- Encourage Financial Representatives to participate in Lincoln sponsored events.
- Assist Financial Representatives in the hiring, training, and development of sales and service assistants.
- Resolve disputes between Financial Representatives and develop policies that keep such disputes to a minimum.
- Monitor Rep transition issues and assist in the buy-out of books of business.
C. Designated supervisor work
- Understand the rules and regulations which govern Lincoln’s business.
- Communicate the rules to those whom the DS supervises.
- Implement reasonable procedures designed to detect and prevent rule violations.
- Monitor all activity for compliance with procedures and change procedures when necessary.
- Address compliance issues as they arise in an effort to correct them.
- Adhere to Lincoln’s DS responsibilities which will be outlined in a separate document and may be amended periodically by Lincoln’s compliance department.
D. Technical work
- Review paperwork for suitability and review load to load reports
- Review all client complaints and work with the Compliance Department to respond in a timely manner.
- Attend all Branch Manager conferences, Designated Supervisor conferences, the annual Financial Representative compliance meeting and other Lincoln sponsored events including participating in all Branch Manager conference calls.
- Assist Financial Representatives in dealing with client issues and problems
- Review branch office expenses
- Review monthly labor and occupancy tables and report changes to the Human Resources Department in a timely manner.
- Prepare and compile annual and quarterly reviews.
- Meet with Financial Representatives regularly to review their progress and discuss areas of concern
- Meet with the Senior Branch Administrator regularly to review issues and coordinate upcoming events.
- Review and respond to all incoming voicemail and email messages
- Coordinate and supervise all site management including facilities functions, incoming and outgoing mail, inter-office correspondence, faxes, office supplies, postage, hardware/software needs, copiers and maintenance, printing, phones, and miscellaneous purchases and maintenance.
- Monitor Financial Representative progress towards making the Recognition Clubs.
At least 5 years of mutual fund and retirement plan sales experience with a special emphasis on 403(b) products
Previous management experience
- Oral and written communications
- Customer relations orientation
- Organizational and time management skills
- Leadership abilities
- Project management capabilities
- Spreadsheet software (Excel)
- Word-processing applications (Word)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of equivalent combination of education and experience
- Series 7
- Series 24
- Series 65
- Life Accident & Health licenses
- CFP, CLU, ChFC designation preferred
Physical and Other Requirements
May sit at work station for extended periods of time; may view video display screen for extended periods of time also. Periods of fast pace are normal particularly when working to meet deadlines.