Sales Manager is responsible for meeting revenue objectives generated from recruiting, hiring and managing a team of Account Executives/Senior Account Executives who sell TelePacific services to their defined user base of small/medium size businesses.
Works under the supervision of the Director of Sales for the field office.
Directly supervises a team of sales professionals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Required to maintain high levels of professionalism as a representative of TelePacific to the business community and employees.
• Will hire, lead, and oversee a team of Sales Professionals, which is segmented to work effectively with small to mid-sized enterprise accounts
• Must have a proven track record recruiting and developing Sales talent resulting in high performance against quantifiable business targets
• Develops strategic territory coverage plans and tactical activity standards and reporting procedures.
• Responsible for fostering high individual and team morale
• Ability to drive personal or company vehicle is an essential function of this position in accordance with company policy.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
(A) Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a degree in business administration or a related field, and
(B) Four (4) years of experience in Direct Sales for a telecommunications company, or
(C) Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
(D) Valid Drivers’ License, Clean DMV
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• 4+Telecommunications industry background and knowledge (local telephone preferred)
• 3+ years of direct sales management
• Strong team management/leadership capabilities are required.
• Excellent oral, written, time management and presentation skills.
• Must be capable of balancing between fulfilling customers needs and meeting company expectation and goals.
• Knowledge of computer and word processing systems and programs (i.e. MS Office, Excel)
• 6 months with Telepacific as a sales representative preferred with 100% year to date booked sales revenue.
• Will be required to drive for customer prospecting and appointments (52% of job).
• Must have a clean DMV with a maximum of 3 points on driving record
• No DUIs within the past 3 years
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Personal computer, including word-processing, database and spreadsheet programs; calculator, telephone, copy and fax machine.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.