Angelica Corporation, established in 1878, is the leading provider of outsourced linen management services to the United States healthcare industry with $300 million of annual revenue. Headquartered in Oakbrook Terrace IL, we deliver a complete array of laundry services, linen and apparel rental, and onsite linen management services to meet the needs of healthcare providers and their patients. ‘Improving the Fabric of Healthcare” gives Angelica the flexibility to meet the needs of our customers with a low cost structure and exceptional customer service.
Angelica Corporation currently operates over 21 service centers and 2 depots throughout the United States with Field Support Services in multiple locations. Job Summary The position of Accounting Manager at Angelica Corporation is a supervisory position and requires expertise in accounting and reporting functions and general accepted accounting principles. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for assisting with the preparation financial statements, directing the month end closing and reviewing journal entries and general ledger reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger system and assisting with reporting.
Additional accounting functions include; managing Staff Accountants, Payroll and Accounts Payable personnel, analyzing and verifying information and reports; preparing financial and ad hoc reports; and assisting with year-end auditreports and schedules.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for directing the month end close process
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations and analyses; assist in tracking various accruals, reserves and other special accounts
- Ensure accuracy and reliability of general ledger/trial balance
- Generate accurate and timely financial information and reports to management
- Assist in designing and directing the production of financialreports
- Perform variance analysis
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external reporting
- Assist with audit requests/assignments
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all accounting policies and systems, including general ledger, financialreporting and record maintenance; assist with research and adherence to GAAP
- Conduct analysis of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimates and reserves, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred
- Assist in communicating and enforcing accounting policies and procedures throughout the company; document key policies and procedures and suggest improvements as needed. Supervisory Responsibilities The position of Accounting Manager supervises the Staff Accountant positions along with Payroll and Accounts Payable personnel. TravelRequiredOccasional travel to plants.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Accounting
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in an accounting role
- Minimum of 3-5 years in supervising or managing role in accounting
- Possess a strong work ethic, be a “hands on” individual with a strong attention to detail and possess the ability to learn/adapt quickly
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and business relationship skills
- Thorough understanding of GAAP
- Prefer experience with Oracle general ledger software experience or integrated accounting system; Hyperion and Business Objects a plus
- Advanced Excel skills preferred.
- MBA, CPA or CMA certifications a plus.