• The Technical Director of Confectionary will provide technical product development knowledge and services to support thedevelopment of new or improved products and processes, with special emphasis Confectionary products.
• Develop new and improving existing products, ingredients and processes by applying technical, Food Science knowledge. Capable of working at a rapid pace to respond to external and internal demands while simultaneously handling multipleproject requirements.
• Possesses the ability to interact successfully with Marketing and Business Development teams, manufacturing and co-manufacturers to develop relevant and timely products.
• Demonstrates exceptional organizational, communication, problem solving and project management skills in interactions withimmediate team members, cross-functional groups and external customers.
• Demonstrates initiative, leadership and is able to work independently and within a cohesive team environment.
• Able to thrive in a face-paced, dynamic, team environment that encompasses end-to-end development (concept and exploration through manufacturing scale up, start up and process optimization).
- Plan, execute, evaluate and accurately document test work to optimize product design of assigned projects.
- Coordinate product development and commercialization activities within immediate work team and within cross-functional groups (planning bench test work, resource management, communication of key deliverables/outcomes).
- Maintain precise and appropriate documentation to support development and commercialization of assigned products.
- Develop working relationships with key suppliers, Sales, Marketing and Business Development Partners, Commercialization and Manufacturing.
- Generate value analysis/process improvement ideas on an ongoing basis.
- Provide clear and concise direction to technicians regarding daily test work.
- Complete hands on bench work as needed to achieve project goals and meet timelines.
- Provides direction to Product Development technicians in the development of value-added new products and improvement of existing products, ingredients and processes.
- Provides direction to cross-functional groups in the scale up and commercialization of new products and renovations.
- 7+ years food industry experience in a Senior R&D role
- Master of Food Science or Technology degree, PhD preferred
- Strong project management and organizational skills are required
- Candidates must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, adapt easily to changing project needs and demonstrate success in a both R&D and production facility environments
- The individual must have strong creative, problem solving and organizational skills, and able to successfully complete multiple, simultaneous projects requiring short timelines
We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!