Responsible for establishing, maintaining, monitoring, and reporting expense budgets within corporate financial policies using accounting/budgeting controls, standards, guidelines, and tools supplied by the corporate finance function. Prepares the annual business plan and budget for assigned function. Supervises specialized professionals responsible for budgeting, financial controls, and operation planning.
Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the revenue recognition process in compliance with contract terms
- Coordinate with senior accountants on the completion of quarterly auditschedules
- Maintain internal control processes and standards and ensure the compliance of the team
- Coordinate with accounting team on the timely and accurate preparation of the monthly financial statement packages.
- Assist in the preparation of analysis and dashboard reporting for CAO and CFO of the client group, as well as Corporate.
- Review, understand and ensure compliance and proper accounting for transaction deals
- Manage team in achieving accounts receivable objectives and metrics - oversee maintenance and research on AR past due
- Provide accounting support and tracking for construction, tenant improvements and other capital items.
- Respond to owner requests for financial information
- Manage and mentor staff and help guide their development (including preparation of goals & objectives, reviews).
- Oversee and manage staff of 5-7 people
Reporting & Analysis
- Produce and analyze monthly and quarterly Management Executive Committee variance reports
- Assist in the creation of the annual plan and quarterly forecasts
- Analyze and review financial information detailing assets, liabilities and capital; work with lenders to procure construction funding, review construction draws and maintain development general ledger.
- Work closely with General Managers (in a support role) to prepare timely monthly and quarterly reports for the Client properties, which summarize and forecast building activity and financial performance in areas of revenues and expenses based upon past, present and expected operations. Strictly adhere to the reporting format outlined by Client.
- BS in Accounting required
- MBA preferred
- 4-6 years required
- Some supervisory experiencepreferred
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret associated legal documents (i.e. contracts, leases)
- Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, proven presentation skills
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and PeopleSoft
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks.