Cyber Exploiter : Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
This is an engineering analyst position responsible for reviewing large data sets to identify vulnerabilities and hostile activity.
This professional should be able to produce reports and present briefings regularly on findings, interact with other customer organizations, and help to refine tools or methods.
1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
8-10 years of related experience in data security administration.
Required : Forensics and malware, intrusion detection, network analysis, or reverse engineering experience
- Penetration testing, Pen testing, pen tester, penetration tester
- Malware analysis, IDAPro,
- Network analysis
- SANS Training (e.g., Forensics series 408, 508; Malware reverse engineering 610; Security 560, 660, 760; network or memory forensics 572; Certified Intrusion Analyst 503).
- Encase training & cert
- Programming C++, C, Java, otherlanguages and platforms
- Red Hat
Job ID Number: 2017-21583