Duties and General Functions:
Provides technical and engineering support services and works with various types of electronic equipment and related devices. Directs the performance of or performs one or more of the following tasks: depot level repair of systems; planning and performing tests and evaluations of systems, installations, or components; participating in setting up, installing and initiating the operation of, servicing of, and training on systems in the field; developing work plans required to ensure that all equipment has been checked out and operational before scheduled use; designing and developing special equipment or procedures required to perform calibrations or test; and performing spectrum analysis tests which includes the use of advanced computer electromagnetic compatibility engineering programs, spectrum analysis instructions for operation, calibration, service, and repair of equipment. Applies engineering techniques, principles, precedents, and concepts to develop, design, modify, install, test, evaluate, or operate mechanical or electrical equipment and/or associated support equipment of facilities.
Other Experience, Skills, Requirements, and Information:
- Experience in planning and conducting complex military training operations.
- Experience in leading and supervising a workforce comprised of small teams of technical personnel
- Experience/Background in a technical discipline, electrical or mechanical
- Communicating strategic aerial target plans, goals, objectives, assignments, and actionable events to the contractor workforce; including deadlines and timeframes for BQM-74E target preparation, missilex execution, and personnel training as well as distributing the workload (i.e., planning performance);
- Monitoring the status of work and identifying and solving problems (i.e., monitoring performance)
- Coaching the team in problem-solving methods, work methods, and in consensus-building activities, and training or arranging for the training of team members in skills, methods, and techniques necessary for completing individual and team tasks (i.e., developing performance);
- Making recommendations for performance appraisals (i.e., rating performance); and
- Making recommendations to the supervisor for team and individual recognition (i.e., rewarding performance).
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in performing the stated functions.
- Excellent ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel both CONUS and OCONUS
- All candidates will be required to pass a Drug Screening.
- U S Citizenship required
- The ability to obtain a US DoD Secret Security clearance, and ability to maintain clearance throughout employment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- In lieu of post-high school education/training, a total of 12 years’ experience in performing the stated functions.
- Successful completion of technical school, trade school, or advanced armed services technical school curriculum or course in electricity, electronics, avionics, mechanics, armaments/ordnance, or engineering technology; or completion of at least 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) of courses at an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical curriculum.