We’re looking for a high energy sales individual with a strong analytical background for a role as Director of Development for Surgical Care Affiliates, a fast growing national healthcare services leader. As part of SCA’s vision to be the partner of choice and growth leader in the industry, the Director of Development will ensure identification of all viable growth opportunities in an assigned region or market, and will drive transformation growth and ensure execution of established goals.
Working with the Vice President of Development and supported by Development Analysts, the successful candidate will be interacting with physicians, health systems, health insurers and SCA senior management in identifying, analyzing and negotiating the creation of new ambulatory surgery centers and acquiring ownership in existing surgery centers. With both a sales and transaction execution focus, this is a challenging and exciting role with opportunity for growth and advancement.
Position Reports To:
- Vice President, Development
- IA, KS, MO or Deerfield, IL
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities – Lead Generation:
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of select markets and local healthcare dynamics
- Co-lead development of strategic growth plans for assigned markets in collaboration with Operations and New Business Development colleagues
- Canvas the ASC and surgeon universe in a given market to identify targets, meet with interested parties and establish relationships that can lead to partnership opportunities including acquisitions and de novo surgery centers
- Collaborate with Operations and other colleagues on the development of high value target physician opportunities with a specific focus on orthopedists, spine physicians and groups
- Lead direct prospecting efforts for key markets by ensuring the right processes are occurring to achieve desired results. This includes targeted calls per day and meetings in key markets are occurring to drive identification of partnership opportunities
Secondary Responsibilities – Execution:
- Assist the responsible Operations group in structuring the proposed transaction and managing the legal, compliance and executive approvals required
- Develop the business plan, executive summary and pro forma financial statements required to thoroughly evaluate the acquisition opportunity
- Make determinations and recommendations to the VP of Development and Operations group as to whether the proposed project is one that should be pursued
- Work with legal counsel on the execution of definitive transaction documents (e.g., Purchase Agreement, Management Agreement, and Operating Agreement) to support the successful execution of partnership opportunity
- Serve as the primary point of internal communication to home office departments about any pending transactions
- Work in an open, supportive manner with other members of the development team in order to balance the workload and provide ideas and potential solutions to problems faced in other territories.
- Foster an environment which stimulates open communication, creativity, imagination and engenders a team spirit in solving problems and identifying and capturing new business opportunities
- Own established development goals and drive results on consistent basis
- Enhance the company’s credibility and reputation
- Have a thorough understanding of all value drivers at the surgery center level
- Conduct all business matters with the highest degree of integrity and insure that a culture of compliance is fostered
- Frequent travel within IA, KS and MO expected
Qualifications and Requirements include:
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical, driven leader who wants to join an industry leader and contribute to the continued success of the SCA organization, while developing a rewarding career path for themselves. A successful Director of Development will have:
- Strong mission and values fit with SCA
- Ability to develop strong relationships with physicians and SCA teammates
- Experience in selling to and working directly with physicians
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, with experienceworking with teams and in collaborative efforts to achieve results
- Extremely strong financial, analytical and written skills
- Exceptional skills in problem solving, financial analysis and corporate structure
- Ability to present complex concepts in a clear, concise manner
Strong skills in Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint)
Prior experience with CRM tools (e.g., Salesforce) is preferred
Undergraduatedegree is required
An MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- Collaborative – engages others in a direct, inclusive and respectful way.
- Creative – deeply curious, constantly learning and exploring innovative approaches to solving problems.
- Disciplined – executes top priorities relentlessly and follows-through on commitments.
- Driven – self-motivated with extraordinary will to win.
- Influential –
- develops strong leaders and strong teams and creates capacity in others.