The Access segment consists of the JLG and Jerr-Dan business units. At JLG, we are committed to being the provider of choice worldwide for access equipment. The Company's diverse product portfolio includes leading brands such as JLG aerial work platforms and JLG SkyTrak and telescopic forklifts. For 30 years, Jerr-Dan has redefined the towing industry. Jerr-Dan tow trucks, whether it be wreckers or carriers, have a proven track record in vehicle recovery.
Oshkosh Access is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
The Manager of Product Safety is responsible for planning, implementing and managing the product safety function which shall include all phases of the product life cycle to ensure that our products are safe for use.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the review and approval of new and existing products for compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
- Oversees the review and approval of product manuals and product literature.
- Coordinates responses to customers regarding product safety related inquiries.
- Manages changes to and approval of existing and development of new product instructions and warnings.
- Oversees the preparation and dissemination of information related to service bulletins, safety campaigns, recalls and other product safety related information.
- Represents the company on industry and trade association committees.
- Conducts accident investigations along with providing litigation support.
- Ensures that product safety related matters are addressed during product development and changes to products.
- Interacts with other departments within the company on product safety related matters as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or in a related discipline with seven (7) or more years of experience in a related area.
- Experience administering and managing product safety processes and conducting investigations.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.