Social Media Director
The Social Media Director will be responsible for developing and executing social media strategy for the Anti-Defamation League. The Social Media Director will oversee content creation and audience development for all ADL-owned social mediachannels, including the CEO’s Twitter account. Responsibilities will also include providing social media guidance and support for our 27 regional offices in the US and Israel, as well encouraging digital best practices among ADL staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain a content calendar across all of ADL’s platforms
- Identify and provide strategic guidance during rapid response events
- Build, customize, and rely on social media analytics to measure and improve the work of our organization in reaching and engaging target audiences
- Curate digital content while keeping data-driven user experience in mind
- Ensure that all strategy encourages list growth and acquisition
- Develop content for our various audiences with the goals of awareness, mobilization, and fundraising
- Manage two Social Media Specialists
- Work with internal and external teams to create strategic social media plans around upcoming news and events; identify potential opportunities to engage with audiences online
- Collaborate with stakeholders to promote announcements, press releases, reports, events, breaking news and various days of observance on social media.
- Regularly monitor social media for breaking news or events pertinent to ADL’s mission
- Provide training, technical support and strategic guidance to regional staff with regard to:
- organizational messaging priorities and implementation of strategic initiatives;
- social media best practices;
- regional social mediachannels.
- Must have exceptional writing and editing skills
- Must have exceptional project management skills.
- Must be fully conversant with social media platforms and tools, as well as an awareness of emerging trends.
- Must be proficient in writing and publishing on Facebook and Twitter in real-time.
- Experience working in a complex political climate
- CMS, HTML, Photoshop and InDesign proficiency
- Must have experience managing staff.
- Videography/photography skills a plus.
5-10 years of social mediaexperience on a political campaign, in issue-based advocacy or agency setting.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.