Director of Finance will direct, mentor and support, inspire and develop the Container System Finance team. Streamline and optimize Container System month end close process. Implement improved forecasting and budgeting methodologies. Provide rich and detailed financial analysis to the Controller - Container System and Container system lead team members. Fulfill all related responsibilities as the primary audit contact and SOX compliance lead.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
This list identifies the essential functions. As with all jobs, all duties and responsibilities are not listed, and will vary based upon the department, team, and business needs.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial close each month including variance analysis and reporting of results to local and corporate management. Drive the process coordination of all Financial Managers and Financial Analysts at all plant locations
- Ensure Financial reporting meets the needs of local management to run the business and corporate management to report to external parties
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled in a timely manner and properly reflect the Financial status of the business
- Review Accounts Receivables monthly for issues / concerns and adequacy of reserves
- Research, analyze and prepare accounting entries required to conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for external reporting. Interpret those entries for local management reporting
- Develop / review / ensure Financial process and procedures safeguard company assets, adhere to company policies and Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Financial liaison with Container System lead team
- Lead the quarterly forecast process
- Lead the annual budget process
- Coordinate local external and internal audits
- Ensure proper Finance support / participation in business initiatives to reduce cost, increase margins and decrease capital investments
- Ensure proper Finance oversight
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting as requested by Controller - Container System
- Build / develop bench-strength within the finance organization. Mentor / manage staff
- Ensure proper financial support to the sales organization in terms of customer pricing and cost-to-serve
- Approve all IT system user ID adds / changes
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 10+ years of related finance experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, finance or related field.
- CPA Certification preferred.
- Experience in similar Finance leadership role and/or Corrugated Box Manufacturing would be preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal.
- Critical thinking and excellent attention to detail skills required.