“As a sales professional, it’s rewarding to know that by serving my customer, I am making a big difference in so many people’s lives.”
-Sam, Commercial Director
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Immunodiagnostics Division (IDD) of develops, manufactures and markets complete blood test systems to support the clinical diagnosis and monitoring of allergy, asthma and autoimmune diseases. With 1,500 employees based in 25 countries worldwide IDD is the global leader in in-vitro allergy testing and also the European leader in autoimmunity diagnostics.
The Area Director is responsible for all commercial personnel and activities in the West sales region for the Immunodiagnostics Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This includes managing 9-11 direct reports, approximately 50-60 people and over $30 million in sales.
The person in this role is specifically accountable for:
- The strategy development and tactical execution of the regional business plans, and for the attainment of market share goals; contract negotiation, pricing and objectives; new and existing product growth objectives, expense budget and financial goals including sales, margin.
- Demonstrating leadership and decision making in adjusting strategy to account for the evolving healthcare marketplace.
- The Area Director will work closely with their Health Systems Executives, Physician Sales Managers, and corporate staff including Marketing, Market Development, Finance, Training, Human Resources, Clinical staff, and other Thermo Fisher Scientific divisions, to establish and achieve revenue and profit goals for the sales region. In addition, the Area Director will be responsible for leading development to ensure a strong talent pipeline.
- B.S./B.A., preferably in life sciences or business
- Four or more years’ management experience with emphasis on strategic sales planning, resource utilization and development, customer relationships, large buyer initiatives, and managing large sales organizations.
- Experience with physician, integrated delivery networks and accountability care networks and hospital systems strongly preferred.
- Previous experience and responsibility for sales and marketing in the laboratory diagnostic or medical industry is required; strong preference for previous experience working within both.
- Two+ years of managing managers with similar scope of responsibility is preferred.
- Demonstrated superior leadership and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment as well as leading a sales team to success.
- Proven ability to assess, attract, retain and develop personnel to meet performance expectations and fill future leadership roles.
- Results oriented and be able to lead the sales team to achieve region sales and profit goals.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills that will instill confidence in employees, management, lab partners and customers.
- Must possess strong analytical ability in order to identify trends and assimilate information to garner support for resources, change, etc.
- Must understand the key market drivers and dynamics of the US healthcare market.
- Must be a key advocate/enforcer of our Corporate Compliance culture and policies.
- Must be a role model for the 4-I Values (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement)
- Must have ability and vision to make decisions in the best interest of IDD US Commercial to ensure growth of our US market space.
- Must have a proven track record managing a comparable business with knowledge of diagnostic markets including distribution methods, regulatory environment and supplier resources.
- Must have experience managing within a matrix environment with several stakeholders.
- Must be able to thrive in on the US leadership team and make the right decision for the company over the best decision for the respective area.
- Must be able to work with the West and East Area Directors to make consistent decisions and manage direction in concert with each other.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
This position has not been approved for relocation.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $18 billion and approximately 55,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job ID : 52557BR