The Technical Manager reports to the Dir of IT – US Region Infrastructure and is responsible for directly managing a diverse set of infrastructure skill sets; managing existing IT processes and implementing new IT processes across the IT Infrastructure organization; the day-to-day management of ITInfrastructure organization processes, including performance management, project plan development and lifecycle management, metrics development and management, IT budget development and management; developing, implementing, and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures; and maintaining IT processes by utilizing a combination of internal resources as well as external vendors.
- Understands complex technical project requirements, coordinates with resources and manages projects to completion.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical teams and business entities.
- Estimate project budgets, coordinate with finance department for funds and plan for purchasing of equipment and hardware in a cost-effective way.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the regional infrastructure.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects.
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implement effective solutions.
- Apply significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our business units.
- Effectively lead teams and inspire others to achieve goals through innovation, quality and excellence.
- Ability to manage change and effectively disseminate change information.
- Conduct performance reviews of team members and identify areas of improvement, give feedback and recommend for promotions or salary increments.
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical solutions and their framework.
- Perform systems modeling, analysis, and planning resulting technology roadmaps.
- Maximizes systems performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting systems problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with desktop and network architects on systems optimization.
- Demonstrate solid understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Demonstrate solid understanding of network storage systems.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, diagnostics and analytics tools.
- Monitor resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
- Telecom / Datacom expense management.
- Upgrade hardware and software components as required.
- Solve complex problems with many variables.
- Manage Regional VoIP systems
Knowledge / Skills:
- Demonstrated experience with standard software applications, including MS Office, Windows. May require database management skills with ability to produce reports. Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Red Hat Linux operating systems.
- Working knowledge of NetApp and Rubrix storage / recovery systems.
- Working knowledge of VMWare virtualized server and workstation environments.
- Working knowledge of Cisco based VoIP systems.
- Awareness or Working Knowledge of ITSM/ITIL framework.
Education and/or Experience:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 8+ years of equivalent work experience.
- Professional certification as appropriate
- Experience with pharmaceutical systems validation and lifecycle management, server validation, change controls, SOPs
- Knowledge of current trends in the specific field
Job ID 2017-4058