Directs and coordinates divisional accounting practices, the maintenance of its fiscal records and the preparation of its financial reports and appraises operating results in terms of cogs, budgets, policies, trends and profit opportunities. Responsible for business partnership for shared services departments, functional leaders and managers.
• Directs and/or administers general accounting, property accounting, internal auditing, forms control and records retention programs.
• Exercises leadership of the Shared Services finance team, divisional accounting and compliance controls for the division.
• Consolidates, analyzes and tracks capital assets, maintenance and company operating budgets, checks appropriation requests for availability of funds and exercises accounting control to ensure that expenditures so not exceed amounts budgeted.
• Prepares and interprets operating results as they affect the financial aspects of the progress.
• Will develop and implement accounting guidelines.
• Will directly participate in the accounting cycle and the preparation of financial documents/statements.
• Sets overall departmental goals and priorities and evaluates subordinate’s performance based on those goals and priorities.
• Coaches and develops accounting personnel.
• Isresponsible for the Accounting department complying with company policies and corrective actions.