Lyft is looking to add a Director of Risk Operations to its growing Risk Solutions Team. We're changing both transportation and insurance here at Lyft! Our insurance solutions are revolutionary, innovative, and evolving. The Risk Solutions team is responsible for managing financialrisks associated with operating the Lyft platform. The team proactively solves problems by implementing solutions to make Lyft operations safer, efficient and an overall better experience.
The Director ofRisk Operations will be the leader and glue for allstrategic initiatives within theRisk Solutions group. They will serve as the quarterback betweeninternal and external parties. The Director will be accountable for the execution of strategic priorities, communicating progress to milestones, resourcing efforts appropriately, and ensuring goals are met.Internally, the Director will work closely with Tech, Finance, Legal,Actuarial, and Claims teams. Externally, the Director will evaluate opportunities with outside partners including insurers, emerging insurtech companies, and various professional vendors.
- Overall project management of all strategic loss mitigation and process improvement initiatives
- Evaluate and identify potential external Partners to help meet Lyft goals
- Work closely with VP Risk Solutions to set (and meet!) quarterly Objectives and Key Results
- Work with the Actuarial and FP&A teams to analyze cost impact and measure effectiveness of loss mitigation strategies
- Lead weekly cross-functional meetings to assess progress to milestones, and guide counterparts towards goals
- Primary contact for Data Science & Engineering to implement and operationalize loss mitigation strategies
- Interacts with 3rd party partners and vendors to assess attractiveness, maintain relationships, and deploy 3rd party solutions
- Problem solve with cross functional counterparts when roadblocks are met, and proactively solves problems before they become a reality (e.g., resourcing, roadmapping, etc.)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 7+ years Proven Project Management / Project Leadership experience, preferably at a consulting or technology firm
- MBA and familiarity with the insurance industry a plus
- Track record of leading cross-functional projects with diverse constituents such as FP&A, Product, Engineering, Data Science, Legal, and Compliance
- Extremely detail oriented, decisive and highly organized
- Great communication and presentation skills
Lyft is an EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce, and pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.