What You'll Do
Cisco seeks an energetic and driven pre-sales Senior Systems Engineer to co-develop with a large SP, router hardware and software features. This is a highly technical (pre-sales) position that supports the Sales organization working directly with the SP Labs, and managing all the technical aspects of pre-sales activities. This position has no post sales support.
The Cisco SE is responsible for presenting, demonstrating and designing solutions to solve the routing and switching needs from one of the most influential companies in the world. The candidate must be highly accomplished with Service Provider router protocols, QoS, MPLS, SP networking designs, SDN, Netconf/YANG, and have in depth knowledge of a disaggregated platform. You must be a self-starter, act as an industry subject matter expert, and strive to keep large SP a Cisco customer for life.
Who You'll Work With
As a Systems Engineer, you will provide guidance and assistance to the account teams building routing and switching solutions to address specific needs of large SP.
One of the primary technology trends in SP is disaggregation of a router or switch. We are seeing many ideas and enquiries to migrate to a design that can support multiple hardware and software vendors for a single service. The SE would need to position and sell architectures that enable the Cisco disaggregation strategy in a scalable, programmed and secure way.
Who You Are
Extensive pre-salesexperiencerequired. Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent. CCIE certification highly desirable. Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation, consultative skills and presentation skills are required. Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team. Ability to train and disseminate SP Open Source and SP networking trends within an Area. Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.
This role will include potential for extensive travelresponsibilities.
Must have capabilities:
· Exceptional Sales and presentation skills are critical
· Effective at communication across all functions within Cisco
· The ability and comfort level to present easily to customer engineers, managers and executives to effective position the value of the Cisco solutions and how it solves the customer problems or achieves their goals.
· Desire and ability to work with account teams on strategy, architecture and design of customer networks.
· Desire and ability to work with Cisco Engineering Leaders to co-develop products or software features directly for SPs.
· Facilitate an understanding of customer requirements with Cisco Development and the Sales team.
· Create, present and document technical solutions for in-depth and high-level technical presentations to the customers, Cisco Development and prospects
· Participate in the writing of RFP/RFQ/RFI responses
· Deep understanding of SP technologies and architectures.
· All SP routing standards and technologies including OSPF, ISIS, BGP, MPLS, LAG, ECLB, Segment Routing, EVPN, and all SP related RFCs.
· Routing security designs (uRPF, ACLs, CPP, MD5, SSH)
· In-depth knowledge of Cisco routing and switching products
· Deep understanding of Broadcom chips (Trident, Tomahawk, and Jericho)
· In-depth QoS knowledge
· Leaf and Spine architecture
· SP/Web provider designs and architecture
· Thorough understanding of Automation with focus on NetConf and YANG Models, and Open Daylight Controller.