The primary responsibilities of the IT Auditor are assisting with planning and carrying out audit assignments within the Information Technology (IT) and Business areas. The individual should be creative as well as a strategic thinker proficient in addressing information technology and business issues. This requires a thorough understanding of Internal Audit’s philosophy and audit process. The individual must be hands-on, bring a proactive approach to the role as well as being results oriented, and maintain a sense of urgency. Requires experience in communicating with Auditees at all levels as well as senior Bank management and, as necessary, the Audit Committee, Regulators and the Bank’s External Auditor.
The individual will work independently under the supervision of the Internal Audit team Vice Presidents.
JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs IT and Business related audits, projects and assessments in conjunction with the annual Audit Plan. This includes: evaluation of risks and controls of IT, business, and support areas; discussion of testing results with the Audit team and area management; Preparing auditreports, etc,
- Responsible for reviewing, assessing and making recommendations on existing and proposed IT and Business methodology.
- Ensures compliance with Bank Policies and Procedures as they relate to Business and IT support.
- Assists, as necessary, with reviews of the Bank’s IT and business activities performed by the External Auditor, Regulatory Agencies and the Parent Bank Audit Department.
- Attends Audit Committee Meetings.
- Performs all functions as assigned by the Vice President’s, the Auditor and/or senior management.
Requires a Pro-Active individual who recognizes the need for excellence, accountability of performance, conscious of budget and time constraints, flexible with change and strives to deliver a quality product.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting or Information Systems.
- Professional designation CPA/CISA/MSpreferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years working experience in internal audit with an emphasis on IT and Business (Custody/Securities) audits.
- Knowledge of the Securities Industry, Custody, IT Infrastructure, IT Policies & Procedures, User Testing Procedures, Change management controls, Logical and Physical Access Controls.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Enhanced knowledge of Regulatory and BSA/AML Compliance requirements, in order to perform compliance audits.