Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Sales provide direction and leadership for the development and execution of strategies and business plans related to growing sales and profitability for the Commercial, Institutional and Government (CIG) markets.
Ensure the short- and long-term growth and profitability of the CIG market through strong collaboration and alignment with field Sales Directors with an emphasis on Comm/Data products.
- Provide leadership to the sales function for the CIG market, establishing and implementing short- and long-term sales strategies, goals, objectives, and policies.
- Direct and oversee the sales function for the CIG market to identify and develop new customers and markets for products and services.
- Partner with field Sales Directors to align corporate strategies with local sales plans and execution.
- Lead liaison efforts with supply chain, pricing, and marketing to develop and execute plans which will complement new and existing sales strategies.
- Analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of CIG market sales programs across the overall organization.
- Develop and maintain executive relationships with key customers and suppliers so that the Company is properly positioned within the marketplace. Attend various industry, community, and/or business meetings to promote the Company.
- A minimum of ten years of leadership/sales management experience, including 5+ years of leadership experience directing a direct sales force in a large, multi-site organization within the electrical B2B industry.
- Experience leading change in a large direct sales force and demonstrated success influencing C-level executives and cross-functional leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and drive results through influence and across all functions of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic plans, to provide clear direction and to hold people accountable.
- Highly developed analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated business acumen and knowledge of the Comm/Data market.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field required; advanced degree preferred.