Design Group is a leading Engineering, Systems Integration, and IT consulting firm, capable of providing complete operating solutions for consumer products, life sciences, and otherindustrial sectors. Design Group provides engineering, project management, regulatory compliance, and othertechnology services to the world’s leading companies. Our organization is staffed by over 1,400 engineering and technical specialists, operating from over 40 global offices in the US and India. Design Group provides professional engineering, architectural and construction management services through our wholly owned and professionally licensed subsidiary, Design Group Facility Solutions, Inc.
We are focused on providing our professionals with opportunities for leadership and career advancement with a thriving work environment and a unique people centric culture. We offer a robust, centralized learning and development program to improve the career experience for every professional.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $2.5 billion organization with more than 11,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Apply your knowledge of programming methods, electrical design and engineering problem solving to 21st century manufacturing. The Controls and Automation Engineer will design, program, and troubleshoot packaging machinery and line control systems. This person will travel to top clients across the country to assist in the design of manufacturing processes, help manage projects, develop facilities, and impact the world by conducting themselves with integrity in pursuit of individual and enterprise goals. This role will challenge you to be a passionate and successful business family member all while expanding your technical abilities.
- Create user applications to monitor and control the production of consumer goods, to satisfy various regulatory agencies, using modern industry standards
- Design control systems that provide instantaneous feedback on the production life-cycle
- Design, program, and troubleshoot packaging machinery and line control systems
- Electricalengineering design support
- Electrical control panel design
- Industrial controller (PLC) programming design and Human Machine Interface (HMI) development
- Electricalengineering initiatives
- Support Design Group project teams
- This position will require the ability to simultaneously organize and successfully execute multiple project responsibilities
- Candidates need to possess good communication and interpersonal skills, flexibility with tasks and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients, and vendors
- Co-op or project experience with electricalengineering and PLC automation applications is preferred
- Co-op or project experience with pharmaceutical, consumer products and high speed environments is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 60% nationally or regionally to support installation and start-up activities, attend Client meetings, Design Group management meetings, company sponsored training and industry related seminars, forums or conventions
- B.S. in ElectricalEngineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
- Nationally. Please see our site for an updated list of office locations
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.