VML is all about putting everything you are into everything you do. We're a full-service advertising agency that thrives on moving brands forward by inspiring a human connection.
The Managing Director of Client Engagement serves as agency leader for achieving the department’s strategic objectives and making significant, defined contributions to the overall agency’s business goals. He or she is responsible for driving departmental excellence and success in the areas of client engagement, staffing, training and development, account assessments, and execution, financial management, and intra-agency relationships. The Managing Director is focused on enablement of VML capabilities in the areas of Marketing Excellence, Ownership, Intelligence, and Innovation. He/she is responsible for identifying any potential deficiencies in agency capabilities and working to remedy those deficiencies. He/she regularly demonstrates leadership and initiative in working with the department and agency leadership team, Executive Business Leads, and Client Engagement team leaders to enhance the overall focus on and excellence in client relationships and business operations. The overarching goal is to ensure a best-in-class client engagement practice, across all VML clients and locations, with consistent and sustainable practices that deliver repeatable, high-quality deliverables, a high level of client satisfaction, business growth, and a defined career path for the client engagement team.
Ensure that VML’s Client Engagement vision and strategic planning is being executed at scale across the agency to meet business objectives while growing capabilities and talent over the long term. In partnership with their other Managing Directors, they are responsible and accountable for the success of the department. The idea is that someone looking at a Managing Director role wants experience in running an agency from a strategic and operational perspective.
- Accountable for ensuring that the client engagement team is enabled to consistently deliver Marketing Excellence, Ownership, Intelligent and Innovative solutions as core agency capabilities.
- Responsible for business ownership over a defined book of business, including team mix, talent, relationships, enablement, and growth
- Responsible for transparent communication of the business to all audiences: internal, external, and clients, as appropriate for each group
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate level of knowledge of the client’s business and industry, as well as advertising and marketing industry
- Responsible for engaging with clients across the business in appropriate ways, with a focus on developing and maintaining senior level relationships with key clients
- Responsible for ensuring that agency culture is cultivated
As part of the WPP Group, VML offers one of the best overall compensation packages in the business. VML is headquartered in Kansas City.
- Proven performance in leading and building effective teams
- Excellent presentation skills and presentation development skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to concurrently lead, nurture, and grow multiple clients
- Deep understanding of agency and client financial management practices
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field; graduate degree is a plus
- At least fifteen years of experience, including large-agency interactive and client-side experience
- Education and experience in marketing practices