ROLE SUMMARY PURPOSE:
Under corporate and executive management direction, the Regional Vice President of Leasing directs and manages the leasing and personnel activities of an assigned geographic area. While acting in the best interest of both the company and the real estate assets, the Regional Vice President of Leasing is responsible for effectively maximizing property revenues, developing new business opportunities, and sourcing potential acquisition opportunities.
- The Regional Vice President of Leasing is expected to be a market leader with extensive experience and knowledge of commercial real estate peer groups and brokerage community
- Lease negotiations, setting rental rates, concessions and TI packages
- Create and execute a strategic plan to surpass established leasing and occupancy targets
- Management of capital cost reduction via oversight of lease negotiations and direct with communication with Property Operations team
- Effectively interview, select, train, motivate, implement and execute on a comprehensive training program that further professionally develops assigned team members
- Oversee leasing functions of an assigned geographic area including personnel accountability, marketing and leasing, tenant relations, community involvement, and broker relationships
- Responsible for business planning, immediate and long term budgetary preparation and projections including development and implementation of Marketing and Leasing plan
- Monitor performance of properties to maximize potential profitability to Company and recommend operational changes to achieve goals
- Promote and ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures, including oversight of field level critical controls customary for a public REIT.
- Analyze and review market trends and recommend changes on property/inventory pricing; develop and implement plans to increase profitability
- Stay abreast of changes in the industry, implementing new sales techniques and motivation tools to reach future goals and objectives
- A four year college degree in real estate, business, accounting or a related field, is required. Advanced degree a plus
- Minimum of 8years experience executing commercial leasing responsibilities on multiple commercial properties specifically office, industrial, and multi-tenant flex properties
- Minimum of 6-8years supervisory / managerial experience
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the commercial leasing and marketing process.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of contracting, capital improvement and tenant improvement process
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of real estate contracts, accounting practices and procedures.
- Computer literate on spreadsheets, word processing, and property management systems. Knowledge of Yardi is preferred.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to travel at least twice a year for training and meetings.
- Requires a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and appropriate car insurance.
- Real Estate license required.
- Excellent math, analytical and financial skills using appropriate software
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- Proven results demonstrated by exceptional leadership
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Self-motivated, creative and resourceful.