Leidos Energy & Systems Solutions is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
We are seeking a Project Manager who will serve as a member of a dynamic team in a fast paced environment, solving challenging substation and high voltage transmission line engineering and construction problems. To succeed in this role, the qualified individual must possess excellent interpersonal skills, coupled with broad technical and engineering knowledge, tremendous attention to detail and quality, and a passion for safety.
As a project team member, the position will report to project managers and will direct field construction resources performing construction quality reviews and commissioning. Additionally, the candidate may be responsible for interfacing directly with clients and staff in other remote office locations. Assignments will cover a broad range of tasks from project planning through design and construction support.
Development and implementation of a sustainable grid resilience framework across multiple businesses to ensure achievement of uniform group-wide goals and standards.
• Define and execute detailed scopes of work and schedules for potential high impact low frequency events across multiple businesses assessing the ability and requirements to respond to such an event.
• Produce weekly and monthly status reports
• Track progress of business implementation plans
• Develop and implement a grid resilience certification process to ensure compliance with uniform group-wide goals and standards across multiple businesses
• Conduct and review quarterly compliance assessments
• Tracking progress of corrective action plans
• Develop and Implement an annual assessment process
• Document control management
• Assessment of capability of businesses to administer response plans
The successful candidate will demonstrate their capability to perform the job functions with a combination of the following educations, experience, knowledge, and skills. These include:
• Typically requires a BS in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, or Civil) from an accredited four-year institution; with 4-8 years (MS with 2-6 years) of relevant experience; Professional Engineer’s license
• Experience should be related to the engineering design and construction of high voltage utility transmission and distributions substations and transmission lines
• In-depth understanding of electrical, mechanical, and civil engineering principles and practices as applied in the electric utility environment with demonstrated ability to analyze and problem solve
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, collaborate and interact with clients and other project team members; ability to work in a team environment as both a leader and team member
• Project management and leadership skills including the ability to work as a team member, to maintain project timelines, budgets, and deliver on commitments.
• Understanding of company’s business, and relevant policies, procedures, and practices.
• Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local laws, regulations and the National Electric Codes.
• Ability to perform effectively in high-pressure situations while maintaining focus and calmness.
• Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations.
• Proficient with the use of personal computers including automated tools.
Job Number: 644592