Responsible for providing complex analytic support, which includes data collection, trending, analytic, reporting and forecasting functions to effectively assistdepartments/divisionswith decision making. Prepares complex data for various internal and external customers, such as Department of Insurance (DOI), lawyers, external auditors, contracting vendors, employee groups, internal physician and hospital contracting staff, financial/medical expense staff and other divisions/programs.
- Construct, design, write and document complex programs using Business Intelligence Tools (e.g. Business Objects, SAS, SQL, Crystal Reports) for use in gathering statistical data, ensuring that the most efficient procedures are used to access, investigate, and analyze data.
- Develop, analyze, report and interpret complex data for ongoing activities/projects. Ensure that all data are accurate and available to meet establish deadlines.
- Work collaboratively with customers to complete effective needs analyses to successfully provide analytic support and problem solving assistance to business areas.
- Monitor and perform in-depth analysis of data for customers to determine areas of improvement or where investigation is needed.
- Identify complex data problems and issues and is responsible for resolution.
- Identify complex trends and make recommendations to business areas to effectively assist them with decision making on operational or other business issues.
- Communicate meaningful insights by creating charts and slide presentations and presenting findings to all levels of leadership staff.
- Maintain and coordinate existing cross-functional programs, and create and develop new programs.
- Support and manage complex applications systems on many platforms and manage code migrations and changes between different applications environments.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor reports on system security to ensure user access is appropriate for the specific division. Provide ongoing user support for ad hoc reporting, questions, queries, and problem support
- May ensure appropriate security and privacy for all data that contains PHI fields. Resolve all security and privacy issues in the data.
- May serve as a mentor/coach for less experienced employees.
- May represent department on enterprise project teams and process optimization efforts that require analysis, interviews, procedure design, documentation and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of data analysis/reporting experience including use of complex statistical methods
- If no degree, 7 years of data analysis experience including use of complex statistical methods
- Demonstrated experience presenting data findings/analysis and making business recommendations to leadership staff
- A degree focus in mathematics, statistics, computer science, finance or business is preferred.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- Experience working in a health care/insurance field is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge with SAS and SQL
- Superior knowledge with the following software: OS, JCL, TSO, SQL, SAS, UNIX, EASYTRIEVE, BUSINESS OBJECTS, JAVA, ACL, Reflection X, Disproportionate Stratified Random Sample, EDIWatch, Trail Tracker, IBM mainframe, AS 400, UNIX/Oracle systems/applications, Security procedures, Business applications, Network components, Enterprise Data Warehouse/Teradata, and E-InfoNow
- Strong customer focus and consulting skills.
- Ability to consult with all levels of leadership and to determine data needs to most effectively address business issues and problems.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent time-management, organizational and prioritizing skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office product skills (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Ability to work in a team setting.